Saturday, April 25, 2009

Earth Day Lunch Bags


I found this bag pattern on a blog...and decided it was just perfect for Earth Day! So, I pulled out some old jeans that I had saved, and started cutting into them. I really like the pattern, but am experimenting with the handles. I love, love, love the fact it has a zipper, which is easier than I expected. The original pattern called for them to be included last, then topstitched. I have been using Craft Fuse inside rather than batting, which made this step very hard - I'm going to have to hand sew the original (the Laural Burch elephants). So, the next one I included in the sewing, but it's not quite there. Once I have it the best I can, I'll post - they are very quick and easy. What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do like them. Saw some darling bags at Vancouver's farmer's market today made of oilcloth....really spendy. Yours are cuter. Mom

jodi said...

I love them Julie! Can't wait until you get the details ironed out.

Anonymous said...

I like them - very cute! The denim on the bottom will make them more durable too. I hope your bringing them to quilt group tonight!
sally