Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oak's Park







Although I hadn't been there for about 30 years, I was pleasantly surprised at Oak's Park. We took the girls today, not knowing really what to expect. Reviews on-line are mixed. But, overall I found the park to be clean and the staff great. The rides are what you'd find at a county fair - only cleaner. The girls had a great time - I think Sarah road everything she could in her height category. Both Sarah and Caroline were disappointed the truly high and fast rides were off limits for them - they think of themselves as taller than they are, which I think they get from their Grandma Teri.






Oaks Park still has the skating rink and dance pavilliion that I think were there when it originally opened in 1905, which is very cool. It has that old time amusement park feel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only does Grammy Teri think she is a tall person...she knows she is a tall person! So! there!
Glad you had fun.

Alicia said...

This brings back so many memories. At CCS the trip to Oaks Park was an annaul event. I remember a high school physics field trip to Oaks Park to test our "G Meters." Lots of great science and fun that day!