Sunday, August 8, 2010

Do you see stars?


Honestly.


It's like the See's Candy truck (stay with me)...you know how you see one and think "If I were ever stuck in there, I'd just eat my way out!". Yeah, I thought instead of cleaning my sewing room, I'd just sew my way out. So I found this box of 6" squares my mom got for Lizzie from a local quilt shop. They have been stashed forever.


I thought, "Well, let's try something new"...and did these friendship stars with 4 patch centers. But, when I put it together it seems like the stars are lost to the pinwheels...this is 5x5 and the blocks are 4" finished, so it will be much bigger.


Is it like that picture where some people see the profile of an old woman and others see a young woman looking away?


What do you think? Do you see stars?

2 comments:

teri said...

I see both......and it looks great.

Anonymous said...

At first glance I only see the pinwheels, but I can also see the stars. I like the scrappy look.

Good luck sewing your way out.

Shannon