Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sew Oregon Shop Hop


There was a shop hop in Oregon the end of June and beginning of July. In all, I think there were 39 shops, but I would be shocked if someone made it to all of them. At each you received a block - they all had to use the same focus fabric (the dark blue with red hearts). Does one of these not exactly fit with the others? It was a WONDERFUL shop that I highly recommend - Cool Cottons on 24th and Hawthorne in Portland - who absolutely could not match the fabric given...the lime is the one they added into their block (all their fabrics are that wonderful, lots of color and life in them)...I'm thinking that one I probably won't make, since I ended up with 12 total from the hop. I'm thinking I'll finish it 3 x 3 with a border - kinda wish they hadn't gone with a directional print, or it could be used in the border - I might try to use it anyway..we'll see.

No comments: