Took a quick drive over to Sisters on Saturday for the big quilt show. It was a little bit warm (as always, it seems), but the quilts were lovely. I hadn't gone in 4 years and was glad to see that the decsion had been made to close off the main street from traffic. My daughter, Lizzie, and I met my mother and some of her friends there. There are too many pictures to post them all, but here are some favorites.
So, funny story. Lizzie and I got there early and I knew that Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville) was going to be there vacationing with friends. We were walking along and saw a woman having her picture taken with someone and her friend commented, "see you are a celebrity". I thought, wouldn't that be funny if it were her? She was a very normal looking person (of course, aren't most of us) so I really couldn't tell and wasn't going to ask. I also, for some odd reason, expected her to have a Southern accent. So, when I saw her a second time clear across town I just had to ask - and sure enough, it was her. My daughter refused to be in the picture but Bonnie's friend (I believe it was Lucy) was kind enough to snap a picture, that after seeing it on the computer (Bonnie looks great) I should've warn makeup that day! I think I'll not post it. I hope I remembered to tell Bonnie how greatful I am that she is so willing to share her patterns with all of us...I did remember to tell her one of her "Carolina Crossroads" mystery quilts was hanging on the other side of town.
1 comment:
You are very lucky! I would love to go to Sisters one day. It seems to be beautiful there.
Post a Comment