So, I came home from quilt retreat with a new friend, Mary. Oh, it's a long story.
First, you have to envision two very funny women who are friends (this theory will be tested, but wait) with Mary, a woman who was unfortunate enough to choose an East coast vacation over their standard quilt retreat. So, these "friends" decided to take Mary with them anyway, by placing her picture on a paper plate and adding a large popsicle stick. Anyway, after several hilarious pictures of Mary in familiar, and hopefully unfamiliar, places...Friend 1 (let's call her Judy) announced that she was convinced that friend 2 (let's call her Darlene) would be woefully unable to finish her project (30 blocks) during retreat time (in all fairness, it was said that after 24 hours at retreat she'd completed 3 blocks, so the odds were in Judy's favor). Judy leaped up and grabbed a pad of paper announcing a contest to see who could estimate Darlene's completion rate by the end of the weekend. Darlene was a very good sport and worked her darnedest...and completed all 30, which was my bet. The prize? Mary. Mary on a stick. So, home with me she came, with a promise to take good care of her. I hope she like's plants, since I had to put her there for the time being...my daughter, Sarah, announced she was "beautiful" and wanted to carry her everywhere.
So, I'll try to pull a Hitchcock and include her in future posts. Until then, I'll just keep her safe. Maybe she'd rather live in the sewing room????
4 comments:
I love your pictures! Mary looks happy. I'm glad you won her. We had a great time at quilt retreat! I hope we will see you and your mom (and Mary) again.
Mary's friend,
Lets call me Judy
Well, that is just too funny! LOLOL
I'm so glad Mary made the trip safely. I was in line to win Mary right before you, but I'm sure she's having a better time in Salem than she would be in Long Beach--where it's raining buckets. And I don't think Mary is waterproof!
Hi Julie! Hey, thanks for wining me and taking me home with you ~ I love it among your foliage (mmm, fresh air)! Wanted to mention since we just met, I love spending time amongst the Fat Quarters and my feet do get cold at night so would you pack them with FQ's so they'll stay warm? Please, keep me away from the fire place though, its a little unsafe.
Paper Plate Mary
Post a Comment