Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekend finishes




Two projects that were started and finally I finished them this weekend.




The bag is an Amy Butler Swing bag - Shawn gave me the pattern and the fabric for Christmas. I like the pattern - like anything, I would definitely do it differently next time. I expect several of this pattern - it's a great size.




The top is a mystery quilt Shawn convinced us to do several years (maybe 4 or 5?) ago that I pulled out this weekend, quickly put flannel and no batting, and quilted a little. The disappointing thing about it is the "gingham" - it raveled and almost all of the seams where the gingham meets red it is either unsewn or close. I stitched over, expecting it will not last but a couple of washings. If I'd seen it before I started quilting it, I probably wouldn't have bothered, so maybe it's better I didn't.

No comments: