I know what you're thinking...isn't Lizzie 12? Yes, she is.
This was the first quilt I ever tried - I was working on it when we lived in Eastern Oregon. It's made of the left-over fabric from her crib/bumper pads that my mom made before she was born (the selvage has a year on it - 1996). I hand-quilted half of it, then set it aside. Each time I picked it up, I concluded I didn't want to finish hand quilting it so I'd put it back away. The other night I decided I needed to either finish it or throw it away. So, I took out the hand stitches and quilted in the ditch with the machine. The squares don't line up perfectly, but I remember it taking me hours to do. If I remember right, I cut the squares by hand using cardboard as a template!
Anyway, it's a doll quilt now...and technically the 3rd project finished!
No comments:
Post a Comment