So, once the group announced they were going to do this pattern for July - well, I just love it. So, I thought I would just pick out fabric. Then, I was just going to cut out a couple of blocks. Well, how can you cut out blocks and not at least put a few together? They went together so easily - very fun. But, now I'm perplexed - how do you lay this out?
Okay, here are the three options. Not that I can't make up my mind, but...well...I can't. A huge bin of 30s and I thought this might turn out fun. But, I can't decide if I should do: (1) all the same colors (the stars really show); (2) a mix of two colors; or (3) a total random mix. I'm worried that the stars might get lost in the total random mix, but I want others' opinions...what do you think?
8 comments:
Okay, DH and DD1 have voted, and both really voted for #3 - the mix.
yes I think random would be the way to go
Well I like all three BUT I will say that the random looks great. I am also going to choose to do this with the 30s fabrics I have. It will be a quilt that I dont have to buy fabric to do! But back to your stars..... i have looked at all the ones on Bonnies site and some of those the stars are lost but your stars in all 3 photos stand out and dont get lost like you were worried.
I vote for random, though I don't see much difference between your nr. 2 and 3!
If you do the stars the same, I suggest changing the boxes otherwise I like the two-ers best.
It appears most are voting for 3----but even #2 is a neat "controlled scrappy" choice. I'm not going to be much help, because I like the "very controlled scrappy" of #1. Seriously--I'd grab a die, and roll.
1&2 would be for #1
3&4 would be for #2
5&6 would be for #3 :0)
Either way, I hadn't thought of 30's fabrics! I have a stash of those----I'll have to consider them and make two Boxy's???? :0)
All will end up looking wonderful. However, if you are worried about the stars showing up ... choose option 1.
I like the random stars are nice! I might even try those myself...Like I need one more project!!! But I have to do something with my 30's stash and your stars are very pretty!!!
Post a Comment