Sunday, June 15, 2008

MQ and frame



Okay, about 2 weeks ago I bought this machine and frame. Unfortunately, the class isn't for a couple of weeks so we're on our own. I put muslin on the bottom and went and bought a yard of cute inexpensive fabric just to practice. (I'll make it into a bag later). I'm getting mixed results - a lot of thread breakage, which I realize is a tension issue - the needle is new, everything is loaded right...but I just can't seem to get the tension to work for me. I used the machine off the frame to get used to it, and it worked like a dream, so I know it's operator error...I'm anxious for the class, so hopefully I can begin to use this - I only have, oh I don't know, about 25 tops to finish...argh.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Nice!! I know you will get the hang of it.