Okay, for me...messenger bags are like the perfect little black dress...I am always searching for just the right one. I bought a pattern the other day for Valori Wells' messenger bag. The picture on the front didn't do it justice, but there was one made up at Greenbaum's, so I thought I would take a chance. I like it. However, she only suggests using fabric (60" wide, which made me suspect she intended for decorator fabric), no stabilizer, batting or fusible webbing. HMMMM...
So, I found this great piece of decorator fabric I bought at JoAnn's on the super sale table when it was an additional off...so, maybe $1 a yard or so...how can you go wrong? What's the worst that can happen? Then I found this plain orange that I'm sure I bought for a purpose, probably again on some ridiculous sale, that I could use for lining. I fused fusible fleece to all the orange pieces, including the pocket linings...so the bag is pre-washed decorator fabric and regular cotton with fusible fleece. Overall, I'm pleased with the pattern - lots of pockets - there is even one on the outside on the back. However, I'd like it to be just a little stiffer. Lizzie has already claimed this one, so I'll make one for myself later - honestly, this fabric is way more her than me.
But, overall I can recommend the pattern...
1 comment:
Looks like Lizzie is learning from you...handbags, handbags! Next it will be shoes, oops! it already is. Great bag and will look good in your collection....Mom
Post a Comment