I have decided to really go through stash. I have some of those clear drawer cabinets, to organize things in (yeah, right - it's really just to hold stash). I thought I had a finished top inside a drawer and yet I found...unfinished quilt blocks. And not just a few...look at this! This is one...I have enough to make like 80 (I kid you not - there are at least 50 and that doesn't count the ones not together!) and they finish at 8". I know they were originally intended as pieces to more complicated blocks, but I put this together quickly to see the pattern and the size...what in the world am I going to do with these???!
I was going to set them alternating with hourglass blocks, which makes them appear to float (if anyone knows how to calculate the measurements to make an 8" finished hourglass I'd be so appreciative...), but this would make 2-3 queen sized quilts...argh.
2 comments:
I love that block. I am in awe of people who make so many, so difficult (for me anyhow) blocks. Why don't you just sash them with 1.5 inch strips and sew them all together, it would look stunning!
So much talent, so hidden away in a draw - incredible!
Hugs
Deb :)
You really need to look at my Great Sets quilt book. It has a lot of good ideas. I'll bring it with me to our Quilt Group meeting tomorrow.
See you tomorrow,
Shannon
Post a Comment