So, in the current issue of Quilt Home (which is quite entertaining, if you've never picked one up) there is a pattern for this "Propeller" quilt (Jerry calls it some form of cross, a Maltese I believe - whatever. They look like airplane propellers to me)...only the pattern there calls for the use of selvages...which is clevar, but I wanted to get rid of some of the narrow strips I have...particularly 30s. So, what do you think? The blocks are huge..and it calls for 9 of these total to make a square quilt. I think it will be quite fun and use up some of those skinny leftovers. What I really love, the pattern purposely intends that things don't match perfectly...
Sunday, September 7, 2008
New Project
So, in the current issue of Quilt Home (which is quite entertaining, if you've never picked one up) there is a pattern for this "Propeller" quilt (Jerry calls it some form of cross, a Maltese I believe - whatever. They look like airplane propellers to me)...only the pattern there calls for the use of selvages...which is clevar, but I wanted to get rid of some of the narrow strips I have...particularly 30s. So, what do you think? The blocks are huge..and it calls for 9 of these total to make a square quilt. I think it will be quite fun and use up some of those skinny leftovers. What I really love, the pattern purposely intends that things don't match perfectly...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really like the block. I can't believe how much sewing you are getting done. Do you ever sleep?
Shannon
ok Julie. The more I look at this one the more I like it. I may have to get the pattern and try it after I get the Christmas things done. I have tons of long thin strips that are scraps from Grammas & cotton patch might put them to good use.
Jodi
Post a Comment