My LQS, Greenbaum's, hosts an on-line mystery. This is the second my mom and I have done. (The first one isn't quilted yet, maybe that should be the next one on the machine...) Sylvia from Greenbaum's has posted step one and here is mine. The fabrics are some I picked up called "Scaredy Cat". I had two charm packs, plus a couple of fat quarters and some yardage - I hope it's enough. Sylvia recommends 9 yards, but I can't for the life of me imagine that much fabric in this quilt. I probably have about 5 or 6 total...but here is step 1 - it's only 13.5 inches squared (unfinished, 13 finished) so the pieces are much smaller than they appear. Could be kinda fun. I'm tempted to do a second in 30s scraps at the same time (some day I really need to get rid of my bin of 30s scraps...really!).
Saturday, August 2, 2008
It's a mystery!
My LQS, Greenbaum's, hosts an on-line mystery. This is the second my mom and I have done. (The first one isn't quilted yet, maybe that should be the next one on the machine...) Sylvia from Greenbaum's has posted step one and here is mine. The fabrics are some I picked up called "Scaredy Cat". I had two charm packs, plus a couple of fat quarters and some yardage - I hope it's enough. Sylvia recommends 9 yards, but I can't for the life of me imagine that much fabric in this quilt. I probably have about 5 or 6 total...but here is step 1 - it's only 13.5 inches squared (unfinished, 13 finished) so the pieces are much smaller than they appear. Could be kinda fun. I'm tempted to do a second in 30s scraps at the same time (some day I really need to get rid of my bin of 30s scraps...really!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment