So, I saw this link on another blog (let's blame her, shall we?) and could not resist - I have to admit, I just love stars and could see these out of that huge bin of 30s I still have (okay, periodically it shrinks and then - wham! - a quick trip to a couple of local shops and there it is again!). It's not like I'm already doing 4 or 5 mystery/BOM things...oh, yep, I am...plus all those I still have to put together. Oh, well, this is USING fabric...
And, by the way, if any of you represent the "point police"...I think you know what I'm thinking. I liked it when my mother said, "If your friends don't stand 10 feet back to admire your points, you need new friends". Enough said.
But I fell in love with this - there is a link to on the left side for "STAR BOM" if you want to see it, or better yet if you want to join me...
This wasn't the suggested color way, but I love it anyway.
10 comments:
Very fun and fresh. I love your colors! And your points look great too.
Your points look wonderful We're doing another BOM...hum. Good thing gardening season is about over! Mom
Julie, I love your idea with using all prints except the background. Maybe I should have "left the solids for the Amish!"
Bobbie in Texas
I'll be real anxious to see how this finishes out using 30's. I love them and have a few but never seem to use them. Hey . . it's MY BOM and quilt/point police are not allowed at all! But, your points look great from here.
wow great I never thought of using 30's! that is going to be so nice!
Using the 30's fabrics is a breathe of fresh air, nice job.
30's fabrics are great for so many things, aren't they? It'll be fun to see this one develop.
It will be fun to see your 30's blocks take shape. Such a great idea.
Very fun. Never would have thought of 30's. I'm really looking forword to seeing how this will turn out. I think it will be very pretty.
I just love your flower garden. Thank for sharing. Rosetta
Post a Comment